Have you ever heard something and thought, “Wait. Why don’t more people know about this?!” That’s how I felt when I learned about generational cycles, how they repeat time and again, and what they can tell us about the future. Today we’re looking at the uncanny predictions made by William Strauss and Neil Howe in their 1991 book Generations: The History of America’s Future, 1584 to 2069, which among other things, literally predicts “The Crisis of 2020” nearly 30 years before it happened.
In this episode we talk about:
- How did they predict the “Crisis of 2020” and what can past crises tell us about what to expect next?
- What are the 4 types of generations? Which generation alive today is the “hero” archetype? (…and when will they come to the rescue?!)
- What would history tell us the prospects might be for the current generation of children today?
- And, what do they anticipate in the cycle of spiritual awakening that lies on the other side of the crisis?
On this episode, we share the insights and perspectives of two guests. Warren Wright is a generations expert who founded two companies with Neil Howe and is currently the CEO of Second Wave Learning, whose mission is to prepare the next generation of leaders.
Eric Meade is back with us, having previously appeared on episode 27. Eric is principal of Whole Mind Strategy Group and recently launched Beyond COVID, an effort to help the world and communities plan their recovery from the pandemic.
Links so you can explore more:
- William Strauss and Neil Howe’s Book:Generations: The History of America’s Future, 1584 to 2069 (Amazon link)
- Warren Wright at Second Wave Learning
- Eric Meade at Beyond COVID and Whole Mind Strategy Group
- Episode 27: The Future Beyond COVID – Eric Meade
- Episode 12: Discovering Who We Are + How the Age of Aquarius is Shifting the Balance of Masculine & Feminine Energy on the Planet – Pat Windom