Would you like fewer power struggles and more connection in your communication with your family and others? Listen on! In this episode, Micah Salaberrios teaches us Nonviolent Communication (NVC), a way of communicating that is especially useful during conflicts. It focuses on finding win-win solutions to problems while building connection and allowing us to be totally authentic.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How to move through each of the 4 steps of NVC: (1) Fact, (2) Feeling, (3) Why, (4) Specific Request
- A “magical and powerful” tool that you can use to diffuse the situation any time you or someone else is triggered
- The breakthroughs the NVC have brought to his life
- Examples of how to apply NVC in scenarios with our spouses and kids
About Micah Salaberrios
Micah is the host of the podcast The Art of NVC and the author of the book Art of Nonviolent Communication: Turning Conflict into Connection. NVC was originally developed by Marshall Rosenberg, PhD in clinical psychology, based on his experiences in the 1960s peacefully resolving differences in the civil rights movement. Micah discovered NVC in 2015 and since then has been sharing this much needed knowledge wherever he goes.
Links so you can explore more:
- Website: Art of NVC
- Book: Art of Nonviolent Communication: Turning Conflict into Connection
- Workshops: Art of NVC Workshops